Monday, December 1, 2008

expectations

this evening i was up really late with a student talking about how she should break up with her boyfriend cause he is making her miserable... it's kind of a long story... anyway, all that lead to me thinking about expectations. honsetly, high expectations are why we end up shattered at the end of the day.

ALL THAT TO SAY, i think i have high expectations for this blog. therefore, i will let myself down and try to break up with it. don't let me break up with this blog due to shattered expectations. make me come back to it. make me love it. make me post on it.

and, you, reader... let me dissapoint you. i will dissapoint you. i'm not that funny, and i'm only posting this often because it is new and fun.

let's just pretend like we're months into this relationship... expectations have already been destroyed... that way we're all safe.


this picture is in honor of my old corolla, Carol. she was a good car. i had a long talk about corollas today and i got a little bit sentimental. it has nothing to do with expectations. but i couldn't let a blog go by without a picture of some sort.

No comments: